Application procedures of the membership committee of the college of psychoanalysts – UK
Please email the office on email@example.com for an application form or for any enquiries related to membership.
Categories of Application
Applications for membership of The College will be received and dealt with by the Membership Committee (“MC”) from the following four categories of psychoanalytic practitioner:
1. Those who have successfully trained and are eligible for registration (but need not currently actually be registered) with UKCP (CPJA Section) or with BPC.
2. Those who have successfully completed a psychoanalytic training with an organisation which is not currently or ever has been a member-organisation of UKCP or BPC.
3. Those who can demonstrate that they would be able to establish eligibility under categories 1 or 2 but for the fact that they are now retired from clinical practice, such practitioners to be eligible to apply for their names to be included in any Register of Retired Practitioners published by The College.
Each application will be considered on its merits but the following criteria will be taken into account, where appropriate, with regard to training:
- Personal analysis with an acceptable psychoanalytic practitioner for a minimum of twice-weekly for at least 4 years.
- Successful completion of a training course relating to psychoanalytic theory and clinical practice or the equivalent thereof.
- Sufficient psychoanalytic clinical practice under supervision during training.
- Written presentations during training of clinical work with one or more patients and/or presentation of a final paper relating to both theory and clinical practice.